Saturday 9 April 2011

recycling fabric

I have a wedding to go to this week and I needed a necklace. After looking on the highstreet I found nothing I liked for a good price. I was inspired by a necklace I saw in a boutique that used fabric so I thought why not use some of the many scraps of fabrics and ribbons I have and make my own necklace.

I am very pleased with the results and although I have now decided my wedding outfit doesnt need a necklace, I now have a new range of products. I hope to create some bracelets too but for now I have a couple of necklaces.




This necklace uses scraps of floral cotton fabric in strips and plaited with ribbon. I have also used an old tape measure and some ribbons.





This is my favourite of the two necklaces. I uses fabric scraps, ribbon, plaited fabric, studs, bows, chains and more old tape measure.

Both the necklaces are for sale on my etsy and folksy pages.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/holeeemma88
http://www.folksy.com/shops/holeeemma88

x x

No comments:

Post a Comment